Personal power is your ability to change the direction of your life. It is the energy fueling your actions. It is not about “power over” another human being, but power coming from within yourself. Personal power allows you to focus your attention in an area of your choice.
When I dare to be powerful—to use my strength in the service of my vision—then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid. – Audre Lorde
Perhaps you learned to surrender your personal power early in life as you worked hard to please others and live up to their expectations. You may have been taught in subtle and not-so-subtle ways to live by rules imposed upon you. As time went on, you may not have realized you did indeed have choices.
Once you make the choice and decide you are worth it, no matter what your “it” is at this moment in your life, you become the decision maker and are in the driver’s seat of your life. You have the power to choose, which no one can take away from you. Personal power is about being in alignment with your thoughts, feelings, integrity, and soul. You are the one who can make it happen. Personal power is based on strength, confidence, and competence you acquire as you move toward self-realization. With a little imagination and a lot of determination, you can make miracles happen.
Personal power is about being in alignment with your thoughts, feelings, integrity, and soul.
I Am Worth It Next Steps:
- When you hear the term “personal power,” what does it bring up for you?
- In order to claim your full power, what do you choose to leave behind?
- What do you need to do so you can live in the moment and not be reacting to the past?
- What do you choose to step into—something over which you do have control?
- Name three of your greatest assets ready to support you right now. Focus on these this week.